Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spiritual Battles Part One: Guilt

When our pastor started his sermon-series of spiritual warfare, he warned us that being aware of them usually causes us to have spiritual battles.

And I won't deny I haven't had my share.

However, throughout this, I have found myself getting closer to God, praying more than ever, and dedicating more of what I do to him.  So, I've decided to do a series on my discoveries over this. Starting with Guilt.

I have always struggled with guilt.  I recall one time when I was six or so and crying because I wasn't perfect.
And that meant I wasn't perfect enough for God, right?  After all He's holy and righteous, and I'm...
not.
I'm not worthy.  And I never will be.

For several nights last month, I felt like David did in Psalms 38 and 51.

3. There is no soundness in my flesh
because of your indignation;
there is no health in my bones
because of my sin.
4. For my iniquities have gone over my head;
like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.
5. My wounds stink and fester
because of my foolishness,
(Psalm 38:3-5 ESV)


3. For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you may be justified in your words
and blameless in your judgment.
(Psalm 51:3-4 ESV)

I had to constantly remind myself that it doesn't matter.  There was no reason for Jesus to die if I'm still guilty.  God loves me anyway.


21. and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22. let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
(Hebrews 10:21-23 ESV)




~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

P.S.  This song is what I fell asleep listening to the on the nights I was struggling most.  Hope you enjoy!


No comments: