Thursday, September 08, 2011

Fall

It is nearing Autumn at long last. <3<3<3



I wish I had taken this picture...sadly, Google Images has come to my rescue once again. Image Source


I have never been the biggest fan of Summer and I have two reasons: heat and mosquitoes.  I don't do heat well and I get more headaches in summer than any other time of the year (unfortunately, I am prone to them like my mother before me.).  I love 4-H and swimming and dance recital and such, but I did not have a good 4-H year and didn't go swimming a single time, which really sucks.  But I have to add that dance recital was FANTASTIC because I'm typically a positive thinker and I don't want to live that down.

Over the weekend we went from Summer to Autumn (yes, in only about four days.  Welcome to Colorado.), therefore I'm boycotting the rest of Summer with long-sleeved shirts and my snowman earrings.  I am just that awesome.  It's suddenly lower than 50 degrees F in the morning and we don't have the AC in our (as in, my sister's and my) room 24/7.  I am happy.  Come to think of it...I'd like a new jacket, I must consult the mother about that and winter dress shoes (I'm hoping for black boots this year).


I love Fall because of all the colors, mostly.  I don't live in the mountains (sadly), but at least I don't live in the big city.  I'm in a tiny town in the northern part of CO and it really is beautiful there, especially on the days you can see the mountains to the west. 

This season I'm planning on appreciating the beauty more.  I'm always so busy with Facebook, dance classes, the various chores Dad has for us (last week we put a new roof on one of the sheds), and now school, that I don't stop and think about it.  I've been trying to work on this, focusing on the moment before me, instead of everything in the future.  I've already noticed I'm more happy, and when I go into my whatever I'm waiting for, it's way more fun because I haven't WORRIED about it (I am a natural worry-wort).  I'm honestly a little proud of myself for trying to get out of this habit so early.  The next thing I need to work on will probably be I and Me.

I realize this had nothing to do with writing, but I just had to say something about Autumn, because it's so pretty.  <3

~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

No comments: