Monday, November 21, 2011

Beautiful People, Holiday Edition

 It's that time of the month, Beautiful People, where writers have to answer questions about their characters.  This month I'm going to do Sparrow, my MC for NaNo.

Sparrow: Why are you interviewing me?  I just had a major catastrophe in my life that's your fault, and you expect me to do this?
Me:  Yes, I'm the author.  Get over it.

1. What kind of holidays do they celebrate, if any?  
Well, seeing as I'm an American citizen, I celebrate the Chinese New Year and Children's Day.  What do you think I celebrate!?

2. What are they most thankful for? 
Well, isn't this nice.  I'm not feeling very thankful right now.  And it's your fault! 
Me:  I know it's my fault!  Please just answer the questions.  
Sparrow: Fine! Friends....

3. Do they have any family traditions? 
On Christmas day, we have a competition to see who can get up the earliest.  Whoever does, gets to open the first present (who cares about pickles!?)

4. What is their most memorable holiday memory? 
Well, let's see, probably the time when Dad forgot about Thanksgiving (Yeah, I have no idea how he managed to do that.) and went to the store to but a rotisserie chicken.  That was our turkey.

5. What is the most memorable gift they have ever received? 
My pendant from Maria.  It's blue and green and spaaaarkly.  Or perhaps it's the....Wait, no, I'm mad at you, I'm not giving you credit for anything.

6. Do they consider it important to be with family during celebrations?  
YES!!  Of course I do!  But that obviously won't be happening any more.  ~Gives me nasty glare~

7. Do they usually wait till the last minute to purchase gifts, or do they buy them ridiculously early? 
My shopping starts in early November and goes all the way until Christmas, I like to find the perfect thing for everyone, and have enough money for everyone.  Of course, this year I won't be doing much shopping.  ~More glares~

8. Favorite Christmas song? For fantasy authors, is music a part of their celebration?
Carol of the Bells.

9. Do they celebrate for religious reasons?  No.

10. How do they celebrate the beginning of the new year?  
Staying up until nine o'clock.  Yeah, I know, we're boring.

Me: Thank you for finally cooperating Sparrow, you may go back to your novel now.
Sparrow:  How about back in time too.
Me: No, you may not, I wouldn't have a story if you stayed inside all day to avoid Marija for the first time.
~Arguing ensues~



~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

No comments: