Tuesday, August 09, 2011

One Year Adventure Novel and Some Other Stuff

Soooo...school started yesterday (YAY) and we have a new writing program.

Photo print screened from their website.
OYAN for short.  It is the most epic thing ever.  It counts as a highschool credit, it's made for homeschoolers and IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!  Your goal is to write an adventure novel in nine months, rather than completely rushed like NaNoWriMo (I've practically given up on that, for the win).  Here's the link: http://www.oneyearnovel.com/
I've only done two lessons and I already love it.  It comes with a bunch of DVD's, The Compass (text book), The Map (workbook), and the teacher guide stuff that I'm not allowed to look at.  The DVD's are very clear, and I can understand him easily.  Everything is easy to comprehend and I feel like I've already learned stuff.  Also, there are these epic quotes that I can use as Facebook statuses.  I'll go into more detail when I've used it a little bit more.

As to other stuff... You should all know I started school yesterday (second time stated in this post).  I'm thinking that I will be reviewing my school books as I read them, maybe sharing some grades (MAYBE), and doing other stuff as I come up with ideas.  By the way, my algebra wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be yesterday.  I got a 94% because I couldn't remember how to do one problem and I messed up a number in another.
Oh look, a grade.

RANDOM QUOTE:  "I love being a writer.  What I can't stand is the paperwork." ~Peter DeVries

One last thing, on Sunday I discovered that I'm "betrothed" (read, "I'm supposed to marry him because I was told to even though I'm not required") to an eight-year-old boy down the street because his dad wants someone who "knows how to do things."  I guess I should take that as a compliment but....awkward...

~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

No comments: