Wednesday, August 03, 2011

inkpop

This is my favorite writing community.
http://inkpop.com/   I like short https....
It's by Harper Collins.  It give's the top five books, short stories, and poems a chance to be publshed once a month.
Yes, it's a popularity contest.  Yes, you have to spend time on it to get anywhere.
Okay, okay, I'll stop using short sentences.
I still love it.  <3
Figment is okay, I guess, but I find it hard to find anything on it, and Protagonize I plain don't like the setup.  I love inkpop because it does give a chance to get published, even though my chances of that are slimmer than a pin right now because I don't have any stories posted at the moment.  I removed Wolf Call because of its terribleness.  Soon I will be adding Too Much Green (now, A Dancer's Heart, soon to be A Dancer's Soul, because I already have a novel with "heart" in the name.) since Chick Lit is something that's in right now.
If you decide to join this site, I would have to say the biggest things are giving good reviews, making yourself known, and be willing for swaps and an occasional free read.  Also, I'm AnimalsAre8D.  Befriend me and then leave me a comment saying you discovered inkpop from my blog!

~Charlotte Grace, the Mind Traveler

No comments: